Fusion Crash Course
Rezwan Razani - March 26, 2013
More at www.fusionacademy.eu
Next course dates: April 17-19, 2013
Cost: 1950 €
Who is the course for? Per the site:
- For engineers involved in ITER: learn how the physics and technology are entangled, acquire the required knowledge outside your expertise.
- For managers or engineers in the fusion related industry: find out the opportunities for your company and obtain the required background.
- For science journalists and scientific advisers: giving you the necessary background to judge all the claims made by the public and the scientists: progress, impact, radioactivity, costs, challenges, solutions and problems of the fusion endeavor.
- For administrative and project staff in Fusion Research Centers or European Commission: to understand the motivation of your colleagues in the research or engineering, and get acquainted with the issues and terminology of fusion research.
- For scientists from adjacent fields: interested in a career-switch? Experience the challenges of the fusion field!
- For newcomers in the field: we provide you with a kick start in the new field.
- For all others: learn about the fascinating world of fusion energy and the extremes of a fusion reactor: extreme in temperature, power, forces, material loads, complexity…
Thanks Roger Jaspers of the ITER LinkedIn group for the information!